Thursday, August 30, 2012

Counting My Blessings

Whenever we find life dry, we are often recommended to count our blessings. And when I think of blessings I cannot think anything beyond my husband Josh and my daughter Jeru. If not for them, life would not be there for me.Today, as I look back 9 yrs before, it is the day Josh and I were married and I just cannot think what my life would have been without him. If I think of someone (outside my family) who can love me more than themselves, it is none other than him. I am not sure if I had been anyone better to him, but I can be 100% sure that I am blessed by the heavens to get him.

Never had I imagined that I would find a man who would come into my life and would look beyond outward beauty. Until I met Josh, I always saw that it was next to impossible because I know how I look. But I had a small hope and faith that my God in whom I trust would not let me down. He would surely give me a man who would love me for my heart. And surely He did. Josh came into my life when I was 26 and I waited in the  Lord all those years to get my gift. Though the wait was tough, it was worth the wait. Josh is a blessing. Never has been a day in my life where I regretted my marriage. My man and my kid are blessings to me; two gifts of grace. Many times my other disappointments in life dies down when I remember my blessings. I see how good my God has been to me when I count my blessings and so can He be to anyone who trusts Him without wavering.

No comments:

Post a Comment